Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just Call Me Butter...

....cause I'm on a roll! Yeah, there's a chance that Grant's stupid sense of humor is rubbing off on me. Seriously though, I've been on a writing roll lately! Good thing too as my break from classes is officially over. I'm back into the academic grind for my Project Management class. I'm actually really liking this class. It's much different than the other very technical heavy classes so far in the program. The purpose for this class is to teach us how to manage projects in the Geospatial field. It's also supposed to prepare us for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam that most of us will end up taking. It's just another one of those certifications that I can tack onto the end of my name along with my security clearance and soon to be Masters Degree. Anyways, it'll prove to be a great class and even help me with some of the technical writing I do at work.

Meanwhile at work we're undergoing another audit/appraisal of sorts so for the month of June there will  be less blog posts. Instead though you all should take solace in the fact that I am slaving away at Summer's Hollow. Okay slaving isn't the right word because honestly I'm LOVING the new developments of the story. I owe Magaly over at Pagan Culture a huge thank you for helping me find that spark that I needed to go forward and really attack the story. She's also really forced me to come out of my comfort zone when it comes to the way I write and WHAT I write. Can you believe I'm even working on a romance series of short stories right now? I know, I'm still shocked at myself!

Since I'm throwing some "shout-outs" you all may have noticed that my blog looks different. Okay it looks freaking awesome!! After I changed the title to my blog I played around with some graphics but in the end I just left it plain. Though I have other wonderful friend, Tara, over at Blog Makeovers by Tara who has an amazing eye for design. She is the one who has been hard at work creating this now awesome new design for my blog (I even now have a button that you can grab and share)! The result was a beyond perfect blog design that really reflects who I am as a writer and anthropologist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment